If you can afford, why will you dry your hair with cheap dryers? There are a vast number of features you can get from expensive hair dryers that will never ever be provided in cheap dryers.
These exclusive products will give you a fantastic hair drying and styling experience. Hair experts all around the world vastly use these dryers for professional purposes. And the fascinating fact is you can use these in your home and can have salon quality results.
Here, hair dryers under $200 will be discussed; If we say more precisely, the dryers that cost between $150-$200.
- You can get almost everything under $200
- What you are going to miss under $200
- Top 4 Hair Dryers Under $200
- 1. DevaCurl DevaDryer Dry Like a Deva Hair Dryer Limited Edition Kit – Best for all types of hair (especially for curly, thick hair)
- 2. Elchim 3900 Healthy Ionic Hair Dryer – Best professional hair dryer for any type of hair (especially for fine hair)
- 3. T3 Featherweight Luxe 2I Dryer – Best alternative product
- 4. T3 Micro Featherweight Compact Folding Dryer – Best travel hair dryer
- Overall observation
A Quick Review
|Elchim 3900 Healthy Ionic Hair Dryer|
|T3 Featherweight Luxe 2I Dryer|
|T3 Micro Featherweight Compact Folding Dryer|
Now you already know that these are very exclusive hair dryers. Manufacturers do not want to upset you by their products as you are investing a good amount of money to buy a blow dryer where products (cheap dryers) can be bought spending one-tenth of this money.
They try to make these dryers as best as possible by providing the finest features and technologies so that the dryers can be used for multiple purposes and satisfy their customers prominently. So you do not have to choose a product by judging it from some specific aspects.
If you are willing to buy blow dryers at this price, you will get the following facilities:
Hair dryer types and brands
All of the hair dryer products under $200 is professional salon quality. There are a few brands which are very popular for their products in this price range. They are Elchim, T3, Solano, Sam Villa, Sedu, Panasonic, Bio Ionic.
There are a few common features that are provided with almost every product: thin vented, removable filters, non-slip mat. Besides these, dryers with long length thick cords and low EMF feature are also can be found.
In general, the motor of all of these dryers is very powerful. Minimum 1300 wattage is needed to dry hair in normal time unless you use a travel hairdryer. But the good thing is dryers of this price offer over 1700 wattage of power. As a result, it helps greatly the people of curly and long thick hair beside fine hair people.
On the other hand, dryers provide multiple speed and heat settings to enable you to control the power over your hair and avoid hair damage.
Almost every type of technologies that are commonly used in hair dryers is found in dryers of this price range. These technologies help you in various ways. They dry your hair as quickly as possible to save your valuable time, make your hair root strong to prevent hair fall while making your hair shinier than before and a lot smoother.
The most popular and beneficial technologies are Ionic, Ceramic, Tourmaline, Infrared heat, thermal, nano-titanium, exclusive Nano-Ionic Hybrid Mineral technology. Besides doing the basic jobs, some of these technologies boost up the heat tolerance of your hair and save them from damage.
You will get concentrator and diffuser attachments with these dryers. Concentrator will accurately flow the air through your hair to dry them properly and diffuser will add volume in hair root to maintain curls.
If you want to dry your hair comfortably with a hair dryer, it must be light in weight. It is very important for professional hair dryers to be lightweight because hair experts use these dryers all day long in the salon.
So if dryers are heavy, they will strain their hand muscle and increase the complexity and delay the work. You will find great quality dryers at this price which are lightweight (below 2 pounds).
If you have decided to spend this much amount to buy a hairdryer, you will obviously want them last long. Maybe a few years, at least not less than a year. You will find high-quality products that cost under $200 that will last years after years. Besides this, all popular brands offer official product warranty.
This is true that as much as you spend, the more features you will get in hair dryers. So you will definitely miss no technologies if you buy these dryers but there are some brands, attachments and 3 good features you are going to miss:
Hair dryer types and brands
You know all of these dryers are for professional use but still, you can use them in your home; domestic use. There are some brands that did not make any dryers in our subjected price range. They are: Dyson, BabylissPro, Revlon, Andis, Conair, Remington, Rusk
Though we have mentioned before that you can have almost everything in a dryer at this price, you will miss air multiplier, vibrant reduction and heat control features in the products.
You cannot get comb and brush attachments with the dryers in this price range. But if you necessarily need these tools, you can buy them additionally and use those with your existing dryers.
In a professional hair dryer, there a vast number of features. You cannot get all of those features and technologies in each and every product. From our deep research, we have found some very good quality products that have the highest number of features provided.
1. DevaCurl DevaDryer Dry Like a Deva Hair Dryer Limited Edition Kit – Best for all types of hair (especially for curly, thick hair)
Why we like it
- Ionic technology for fast drying, shiny and frizz-free result
- 1600 wattage AC motor
- 1 exclusive hand shaped diffuser is provided which is known as Devafuser. It is capable of delivering 360-degree air flow and dry your curls perfectly. It adds a good amount of volume in your hair root as well. In this price range, very few good products come with a diffuser So DevaCurl is the ultimate savior especially for the people who have curly, thick hair.
- Concentrator nozzle for specific airflow
- It has 2 heat/speed settings, and a cool shot button to let you control the power
- Deva clips for adding more volumes in curls
- 1 DevaTowel
- storage is provided to wrap the cord in
- light in weight (around 1.5 pounds)
- 1 year of warranty.
- No comb nozzle (you can use “Willie Morrow’s Unbreakable Thermo Blow Dry Nozzle” additionally)
2. Elchim 3900 Healthy Ionic Hair Dryer – Best professional hair dryer for any type of hair (especially for fine hair)
Why we like it
- The product offers 2000 of wattage
- Ionic ceramic technology for making hair silky and smooth while fast drying
- It also offers Far-infrared heat for up to 40% faster-drying experience
- 2 speed and 3 heat settings for easy controlling with 1 cold air blow button
- Low EMF: it emits a very low amount of electromagnetic wave to take care of physical health alongside your hair
- Low motor noise
- 2 different types of concentrator nozzles (wide and narrow mouth) are provided. As a result, every length and type of hair can be dried perfectly. This feature helps to dry especially fine hair more accurately.
- Lightweight (1.6 pounds)
- 1 year of warranty
3. T3 Featherweight Luxe 2I Dryer – Best alternative product
The specification of both T3 and Elchim dryers is quite the same. They are of very good build quality and come with great features and same (concentrator) attachments.
Though T3 dryer is a little overpriced, many hair experts suggest this for salon quality results and from our hours of research, we found that buying this product is as beneficial as buying Elchim hair dryer. So we are also recommending this product for everyone, especially for fine hair. We are putting a comparison table for your convenience:
|Model||Elchim 3900 Healthy Ionic Hair Dryer||T3 Featherweight Luxe 2I Dryer|
|Best for||All types of hair (especially fine hair)||All types of hair (especially fine hair)|
|Technology||Ionic Ceramic and far infrared||Ionic tourmaline and T3 SoftAire, Ion generator|
|Accessories||2 concentrator attachments||1 Concentrator nozzle attachment and a brush (not attachable)|
|Cool shot button||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||1 year||2 years|
Adverse (for both Elchim and T3 dryer)
No diffuser and comb attachment is provided. But you can buy universal diffuser and comb nozzle and use with Elchim/T3 hair dryer. We prefer “Willie Morrow’s Unbreakable Thermo Blow Dry Nozzle” and “BestTrendy Professional Universal Hair Diffuser Attachment”.
4. T3 Micro Featherweight Compact Folding Dryer – Best travel hair dryer
As we have said earlier that in this price range, hair dryers are professional and salon standard and mostly used by hair experts or in salons. but there are some hair conscious people who spend big amounts of money even if they need a dryer for travel purpose.
“T3 Micro Featherweight Compact Folding Dryer” is one of those expensive products that gives you salon quality results even being a travel blow dryer.
Why we love it
- Folding handle for easy storage
- 1200 wattage power
- Dual voltage system for universal use
- Ionic and tourmaline ceramic technology and advanced T3 SoftAire technology is used to dry your hair rapidly while keeping the health of the hair up
- 2 heat/speed settings and a cool airflow button is provided
- The surface of the dryer is scratch resistant
- Featherweight (0.8 pounds)
- 2 years of official warranty
- No diffuser is provided. (“BestTrendy Professional Universal Hair Diffuser” can be used additionally)
- It does not provide any comb tool (buy “Willie Morrow’s Unbreakable Thermo Blow Dry Nozzle” universal attachment if needed)
After the above discussion, now you have come to that when you spend a lot of money on a hair dryer you will get one of the best products available in the market.
We have recommended you some of those great hair dryers that cost under $200. And before that, we have discussed in detail what you can get from those hair dryers and what you cannot.
There is “DevaCurl” hair dryer for all types of hair (especially for curly hair people), “Elchim” and “T3 Featherweight Luxe 2I Dryer” for especially fine hair and “T3 Micro Featherweight Compact Folding Dryer” for travelers.
Check out the product details and choose the one that fulfills most of your requirements and has a great drying experience.